1- Do not use anything paper-based, like paper towel, Kleenex, or toilet paper for screen cleaning. At the risk of sounding like we’re repeating the same caution over and over again–modern displays are very delicate. Paper towels are not designed for cleaning delicate surfaces, they’re designed for wiping up bacon grease and hairballs; the surface of paper towel, on a microscopic level, is fairly abrasive and can lead to buffed spots and scratches on your monitor. While the effect on image quality is rather small (but can add up over time) these scratches can attract more dirt/dust and the like, eventually the cumulative affect is lower quality image because of the dirt/dust, and it gets dirty again faster.
2- ِِDon’t use general purpose cleaning rags for your lcd/ led/ laptop/ monitor/ tablet/ phone screen. In the same league as paper towels are general purpose rags from around the house. A single tiny spec of anything abrasive in the rag (e.g. a tiny sliver of metal from the garage or a hitch hiking grain of sand from a beach trip) will wreak complete havoc on your screen. By the time you’ve made a pass or two with the tainted rag, you’ve already left a scratch in the screen.
For having the best choise of handkerchief see here
3- It is NOT okay to use ammonia-based and alcohol-based cleaners (such as Windex). These kind of cleaners can strip anti-reflective coatings off screens, cause clouding, or otherwise damage the screen.
If you’d like to buy a screen cleaner without any alcohol and ammonia, try this.
4- If you decide to use a screen cleaner bottle, make sure you don’t spray it directly on the screen. That’s because drops can seep in around the bezel (and/or land in the keyboard), and, again, moisture and electronics don’t mix. What you can do is spray your solution onto the cloth, then wipe the screen. Use a circular motion, which is best for eliminating streaks, and apply only light pressure.
- I have been using this for several months now to clean all...November 9, 2016 - 8:13 am by A Cactus
- Brilliant to clean your vinyls! My 'Vinyl Cleaner Kit 100ML...June 3, 2016 - 7:58 am by kpkimmy7
- My ecomoist natural keyboard and mouse cleaner arrived quickly...May 30, 2016 - 10:51 am by Glow-Getter
- Goodbye to paintbrushes or toothbrushes!!!We all know...May 30, 2016 - 10:46 am by Miss J
- Ecomoist Microfiber Towels Pack - 30 cm x 30 cm £5.95
- Ecomoist Natural Keyboard and Mouse cleaner. 50Ml comes with High Quality Microfiber Towel. Best for Keyboards, Mouse, Pads, joysticks, game consoles etc. Green Product. Made in UK.
- Ecomoist Vinyl Cleaner Kit 250ML with Fine Microfiber Towel, Made in the UK. Green product
- Eyeglass, Lens and Optical Cleaner 50ml – Fine Microfiber Towel – All Natural – MADE IN UK, GREEN PRODUCT, NO AMMONIA AND ALCOHOL, Cleans all dusts and stains, Use for Glasses, Sun Glasses, Reading Glasses, Camera Lens and Spectacles without harming the coating of the Glass/Lens on
- Ecomoist Vinyl Cleaner Kit 50ML with Fine Microfiber Towel, Made in the UK. Green product on
- Ecomoist Natural Keyboard and Mouse Cleaner. 100Ml comes with High Quality Microfiber Towel. Best for Keyboards, Mouse, Pads, joysticks, game consoles etc. Green Product. Made in UK. on