Computer keyboards can harbour more harmful bacteria than a lavatory seat, it has been claimed. The most recent research from Which? tested 30 keyboards, smartphones and tablets. Keyboards showed 600 units of Staphylococcus per swab, compared to 20 units on a toilet seat. Did you know that your computer keyboard and mouse can harbor a host of harmful bacteria, including E. coli and staph? Germ tests in offices in recent years have shown that (in any given office environment) 12% of keyboards and mice are potential health hazards, 3% can have levels of germs five times higher than that found on the average toilet seat. While these various tests that have been conducted cannot necessarily implicate all of the computer keyboards and mice around the world, it’s clear that keyboards, mice and other electronic devices that we use every day can carry germs and dangerous levels of bacteria, especially in work, school and public environments.
Where do the germs come from?
Sickness: When people are sick they often transfer their germs from bodily fluids (from sneezing, blowing noses, not washing hands properly, etc) onto their keyboards and mice, and these germs breed and fester over time.
Food: Another common source of germs on keyboards and mice is food. People who eat at their desks, for example, end up turning their work stations into breeding grounds for harmful bugs and germs.
Liquids: Liquids can attract germs if not cleaned up properly, but more often, they destroy equipment! Always keep all food and drinks at least a few feet away from your computers at all times, this way a spill won’t be so devastating. Everyone as an occasional clumsy moment, and most people are too prideful to heed this warning… which leads to data disaster!
Ecomoist keyboard and mouse cleaner is an excellent, powerful, and effective disinfectant! It can kill bacteria, germs and stains.
- I have been using this for several months now to clean all...November 9, 2016 - 8:13 am by A Cactus
- Brilliant to clean your vinyls! My 'Vinyl Cleaner Kit 100ML...June 3, 2016 - 7:58 am by kpkimmy7
- My ecomoist natural keyboard and mouse cleaner arrived quickly...May 30, 2016 - 10:51 am by Glow-Getter
- Goodbye to paintbrushes or toothbrushes!!!We all know...May 30, 2016 - 10:46 am by Miss J
- Ecomoist Vinyl Cleaner Kit 250ML with Fine Microfiber Towel, Made in the UK. Green product
- Ecomoist Vinyl Cleaner Kit 100ML with Fine Microfiber Towel, Made in the Uk. Green product
- Ecomoist Natural Keyboard and Mouse cleaner. 50Ml comes with High Quality Microfiber Towel. Best for Keyboards, Mouse, Pads, joysticks, game consoles etc. Green Product. Made in UK.
- Eyeglass, Lens and Optical Cleaner 50ml – Fine Microfiber Towel – All Natural – MADE IN UK, GREEN PRODUCT, NO AMMONIA AND ALCOHOL, Cleans all dusts and stains, Use for Glasses, Sun Glasses, Reading Glasses, Camera Lens and Spectacles without harming the coating of the Glass/Lens on
- Ecomoist Vinyl Cleaner Kit 50ML with Fine Microfiber Towel, Made in the UK. Green product on
- Ecomoist Natural Keyboard and Mouse Cleaner. 100Ml comes with High Quality Microfiber Towel. Best for Keyboards, Mouse, Pads, joysticks, game consoles etc. Green Product. Made in UK. on